Quick historical weather look up
Find historical weather by searching for a city, zip code, or address. You can select a date or range of dates on the next page.
Full steps to look up weather history data for any location:
- Visit https://www.visualcrossing.com/weather-history
- Enter your location and your date range
- Click the View data button
- View Dashboard Results weather data for that day.
The result dashboard shows the following data:
- Summary date for your particular date and location
- Temperature, Precipitation and Wind graphs by hour of the day
- Map of your location and the weather stations contributing to weather data for your location.
Web Query to Get Historical Weather
Within Visual Crossing weather there are multiple methods to get weather on a certain date. The above dashboard method is quite easy for any user to get an immediate answer. However sometimes users need the data in a form that they can download and use in programs like Excel or other business systems.
To get data as CSV (comma separated values) files, users can create a free weather account and follow these instructions:
Weather API Query to Get Weather for a Location
Another possible option to get weather for a specific location is to use the Visual Crossing Weather API. Once you sign up for a free account you use a Excel, Google Sheets, Business Applications or any custom coded script in virtually any language to query the same information in either CSV or JSON format.
Here are two helpful tutorials on how to build and run your first weather queries.
Questions or need help?
If you have a question or need help, please post on our actively monitored forum for the fastest replies. You can also contact us via our support site or drop us an email at email@example.com.
If you think you see wrong data, please read through our article on how to tell us so we can investigate and fix problems ASAP!