Replace any existing Weather API
The best realtime weather data in one APIFull weather API docs
Single API Call
A single Weather API request can return past, present and future data
Sub-hourly, Hourly and Daily Data
Our data provides full Sub-hourly, Hourly and Daily Data
Current Conditions, Alerts, & Events
Retrieve real time conditions, weather alerts & details about significant events
50+ Years of Historical Weather Data
Our historical weather database includes over 100,000 weather stations
CSV and JSON Results
Our weather API provides both rich JSON structures and CSV for easy use
Full location address geocoding
Look up by Address, ZIP Code, Lat/lon & more
Weather API built for you
Visual Crossing Weather API requests are RESTful calls that you can make easily from any client or server. The API allows you to incorporate weather data into your application, website or weather app in a matter of minutes. Simply follow our tutorials and sample code. And you can get started entirely for free. Our weather data API allows 1000 completely free records per day.
RESTful APIs are ideal for integration in any programming language such as Java, .NET, Python & Perl. Access the entire Visual Crossing Weather database including weather history data, weather forecasts, and real time conditions to make any application more powerful.
Results are available in standard, easy-to-consume data formats including JSON and CSV. Integrating the data into your own app or code project usually takes minutes.
- Full access to historical weather, forecasts, and climate statistics
- Data formats include JSON and CSV
- Access global weather conditions from the past, present & future with a single call
- Support for multiple locations and dates in a single request
- Documentation and samples available
Use industry standard tools ranging from R and MATLAB to Excel and Power Query. Tutorials and how-to articles are available for these as well as other powerful analytics and business platforms. Whatever tools power your analysis, Visual Crossing’s Weather API integrates easily.
- Load past, present, and future weather data with a single call
- Use powerful tools such as R to calculate statistics & do analysis
- Use enterprise tools such as Power Query & SAP to share with your team
- Build queries using the Query Builder page or in your code
- Analyze weather data combined with other business data
- Videos and tutorials show the step-by-step process for many standard tools
Power BI is an interactive business intelligence tool designed to be simple enough for end users to create their own analyses while being powerful enough for enterprise-wide use. Weather data fits naturally into this analysis framework, and Visual Crossing Weather makes the integration easy. Our query URLs can return CSV results that import directly into any Power BI report or dashboard.
- Find valuable correlations between any data and weather
- Load weather data directly from our cloud-based servers
- Save and share weather reports and dashboard across your team
- Ready-to-use samples get your project up and running quickly
High-end BI platforms represent the backbone of data analysis within many large and mid-sized companies. These powerful tools can crunch decades of business and external data to find patterns and make recommendations. Visual Crossing Weather can be easily embedded directly into any BI application.
- Find valuable correlations between your business data and weather
- Sample ETL scripts, plug-ins, and example dashboards available for many platforms
- Import weather data into your corporate warehouse
- Get added insight from your existing BI investment
Google Sheets has become a universally accessible data analysis application due to the global reach of its web-based platform. That web platform powers instant data sharing in schools, companies, and around the world. Visual Crossing Weather data can be integrated easily into any Google Sheet application using a single API call.
- Directly load historical and forecast weather data into any Sheet
- Update live weather results directly in Google Sheets
- Share weather data analysis instantly around your team or around the world
- Ideal for academic and education users
An enterprise data warehouse is the heart of data science and business analytics for nearly every large and mid-sized corporation. The power to store vast amounts of business data enables analysts across an organization to work together to make intelligent business decisions. Visual Crossing Weather allows historical weather data to be matched directly to existing business records illuminating new insights. Weather forecast data can then be loaded and used for planning, scheduling and more.
Many business activities are affected by weather. Adding Visual Crossing Weather Data to an enterprise data warehouse brings new insight and more ROI from your existing investment.
- Easily load weather data using ETL and embedded queries
- Compatible with any database or data lake
- Dynamic queries load fresh weather data automatically
- Power analysts and planners across your entire the enterprise
- Find new insight from your existing investment
Start today for free
Sign up for a free account now and immediately begin using our weather API to query accurate forecast & historical data for any global location.Sign up
Full documentation, sample code and demonstrationsFull weather API docs
Weather API Documentation
Replacing existing APIs
- Weather Workbook for Excel
- Multi-site Weather Forecast Workbook for Excel
- How to automatically refresh Weather Data in Microsoft Excel
- Parameter Based, Web Queries in Excel
- Weather Alerts for Excel
- Getting Started with Weather Add-in for Microsoft Excel
- How to Load Weather Data into Microsoft Excel using a Web Query Data Connection
- Degree Day Calculator for Microsoft Excel
Weather Data Features
- Weather Alerts
- How to create annual or monthly climate summaries and normals for a location
- How to use historical weather data to forecast the weather for any day of the year
- How Historical Weather Data Records are Created from Local Weather Station Observations
- Available Data for Visual Crossing Weather
- How do we create our weather forecast?
- How We Process the NOAA Integrated Surface Database Historical Weather Data
Database and scripts
- How to load historical weather data using Python without scraping!
- How do I retrieve weather data using an ODATA request?
- How can I find weather forecast data for analysis in R?
- How can I find historical weather data for analysis in R?
- How to fetch weather forecast data from a RESTful web service in Java
- How to load weather data in PHP