Update: We’ve created an API conversion guide to help you switch from Dark Sky API to Visual Crossing Weather. Read more
You have already heard that Apple is buying Dark Sky, abandoning the users of their popular weather API. They have already stopped accepting new API users and will turn off existing API customers shortly.
Visual Crossing Weather is the perfect alternative to the Dark Sky API. We not only have a superior weather API solution, but we can help you migrate your application to our API before Dark Sky turns off its API.
Visual Crossing Weather makes the transition easy and seamless.
Here are some key reasons why Visual Crossing Weather is your ideal Dark Sky API replacement.
- A full 15-day weather forecast at every plan level, including Free!
- Worldwide historical weather data going back more than 100 years available at every plan level.
- Full climate data and statistical weather forecast including annual, monthly summaries.
- All weather data is available at both the daily and hourly level.
- Lookup weather using an address, city, or ZIP code directly in a single API call. No need for separate geocoding.
- Get forecast or historical weather data for multiple locations in a single API call.
- Optimized for use in popular BI tools such as SAP, Microsoft Excel, Power BI, or any OData or CSV consumer.
- Simple weather data query builder for testing and downloading data .
- Plans include unlimited API calls and result data.
- Easy, step-by-step migration path for Dark Sky users.
Drop us a note or send us an email today, and we’ll not only show you how to migrate from the Dark Sky API to the Visual Crossing Weather API quickly and easily, we’ll also give you a discount to help sooth the transition pain.